Wedding Bliss

June 07, 2017

♥Best day ever

Getting married was by far the best experience of my life. It was also so much fun! Stressful yes, but I think about my wedding day almost everyday of my life. That one day in your life will impact you so much no matter what kind of wedding you want to have.
I just wanted to share with you some of the things I loved about my wedding and things I would have personally changed about my special day.


Venue: First off, I loved my venue. We live in a small town of St. George where choices are limited and the weather is VERY unpredictable. If you can have it outside, then I would have it outside and save money! If not, definitely splurge on something that will make you feel like a princess. The month of March can be crazy, so I went with an inside venue that had an outside area, so I had the best of both worlds. Do your research on tons of places before making any decisions. My venue had 2 huge kitchens, upstairs and downstairs, 2 bridal rooms, men's room, balcony, huge outside area, elevator, grand staircase, TVs, sound system, and supplied its own tables and works with other companies as well. Sounds way crazy, right? But it wasn't as expensive and it sounds!
* My venue was at the "Falls Event Center" in St. George, Utah. About $2000 but they also have payment plans and work with you, that was something that pulled me in straight away! Since the venue is the first thing I reserved I got on paying for it right away to get it out of the way.






Dress: I spent about $1,000 on my dress mainly because that was the part I was most excited about. I have always loved watching "say yes to the dress" on TLC so I looked forward to that moment. I found my dress within the first 30 minutes because my mind kept flashing back to that previous dress and I knew that meant something. It was flashing white and lace and beads, the works. It had a medium sized train that I thought was gorgeous. Advice: You wear that amazing dress for one single day, don't be afraid to let it lose and have fun in it. I was so scared to get my train dirty that I carried it around for most of the time. Which in turn means, in the pictures I am carrying my train with me and I didn't capture how gorgeous I thought my dress really was. If I went back and did it again, I would work that dress more. (Man I want to wear that dress everyday!)
*I purchased my dress at "Fantasy Bridal" in Sandy, Utah. They have sooo many choices, awesome place!
 Oh look, here I am holding my train. UGH.




Cake: The cake is another main focus when it comes to a wedding. I was so scared that people wouldn't like the taste of my cake. I needed cute and delicious. I got the cute down, but the delicious I am not even sure because I didn't sit down for 5 minutes to even eat my own cake. TAKE TIME AND EAT YOUR CAKE! Even take time to eat whatever else is there. Experience your wedding. I had that single bite handed over by my husband, but I would have loved to have more. My mind was in 50 different places! It was a chocolate cake which is my favorite, yum yum. It's hard when you are so busy the whole time with guests, but I definitely regret not spending more quality time enjoying everything I paid for.
* I had gotten the cake from "Sweet Cakes by Karen" in St. George, Utah. It was really beautiful, and she worked with whatever you had dreamed for your special cake. p.s. it was way bigger then it appears in the picture, haha!




Photographer/videographer: I had heard many times before to make sure you splurge on your photographer, because these are the pictures you will always look at and you want to love them. And I will say it again, SPLUGE ON THE PHOTOGRAPHER! I was lucky enough to win a photo contest and got a free bridal shoot and bouquet. I was the happiest person ever! I used Tyler Rye for my bridals, and I have them all over my house. We look so good ;)
For the videographer, I just had a creative friend make a video and she did awesome! I could not splurge there, but I loved the idea of having a video and I am SO GLAD I did. It is the cutest thing to watch, I relive the day all the time by watching it. So if you are questioning whether or not to have a videographer, I would say do it!
*Photographer TylerRye Photographer. HE'S AMAZING!
*Videographer was a creative friend!





Yes I used fake eyelashes: And I don't regret it at all! I personally hate my eyelashes, they are straight and never look wedding day picture gorgeous. I splurged on the extra beauty products because again, those pictures are forever. I got eyelash extensions, got my nails done, made sure I had a little tan instead of being my normal ghost self. The little things also add up. You don't know it until the actual wedding day how good you will feel about yourself wearing your amazing dress and how the little things just make everything better!




Flowers: I got my flowers at Bloomers flower & décor in St. George, Utah.






Hair & Makeup: I did that myself with just the help of my bridesmaids!


Honeymoon: Be packed and ready to go before your wedding day. Wedding day is way to stressful and you will most likely forget something for your honeymoon, so its just one less thing to worry about day of!


Lastly, please try to take everything in! My wedding day seemed like it was 5 minutes long because I always worry about keeping others happy and had to talk to everyone, etc. If I ever redid that exact day I would have kissed my husband more, took a breath, and ate my dang cake!


-From my world to yours, Taryn.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog